Friday 15 July 2016

5 Steps To Becoming More Self-Confident


This post is going to be dedicated to those times you need a kick up the butt on them days you let them silly judgmental comments people make about your life, the decisions you make and what you enjoy to do. Or it could be dedicated to them days you are doubting your abilities and feeling bad about yourself. I wanted to write a list post of some tips down that help me feel brand new again and what helps me believe in myself. Hopefully this post will help brighten up your mood and give you a major boost of self confidence. 

1. Pamper Yourself - Giving your body some TLC is such a great way to help you feel good about yourself. So pick one or two days a week where that day is for you and only you. Take some time out to relax, run yourself a bubble bath and add a bath bomb, bath fizz or bath salts whatever you desire. Light some candles or incense and place them around your bath to set the relaxing mood. To help pass the time, Read a book if you want to. Watch an episode of the latest Netflix Programme you're watching if you want to. Or you could just sit and lie back and close your eyes for an hour. When I'm out of the bath I like to moisturise myself and paint my nails and sometimes sit there with a face mask on. Do whatever helps you feel most relaxed.



2. Talk To Someone New - This may be stepping out of your comfort zone but honestly it's good to do that once in a while. If you've had this fear of doing something for so long and then you finally do it, you will feel proud of yourself.  If you speak to someone new you never know they may end up becoming really close to you and before you know it you have a life long friend. It's so important to surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you. Referring back to a quote in a previous post "Be the kind of person  you would like to meet". If you're interested you can find this post here.


3. Don't Listen To Judgmental Comments - You can't keep living your life caring about what others think and what they say about you. You really shouldn't listen to them people that think they know more about your life than you do. The day you stop caring and listening to other people is the day you will become 10x happier and more confident. If you want to spend your entire wage on makeup you seriously don't need then you go ahead and do it. If you have a hobby that you really enjoy then you continue to do it. And if you want to dress in clashing colours or patterns or wear revealing clothes then you go ahead and do it. If it makes you feel confident about yourself then never let anyone tell you otherwise. 

4. Be Your Own Cheerleader - We spend all this time sitting around waiting for people to notice us and our hard work and sometimes it just doesn't happen. So be kind to  yourself, don't get disheartened if people aren't praising you and throwing compliments your way.All you have to do is compliment yourself and give yourself praise. Go on tell yourself how amazing and beautiful you are, compliment your best feature. Tell yourself how hard you've worked to be where you are now. You should be proud. "Be Kind To Yourself, You're Doing Your Best". 

5. Accept Failure And Take Risks - Failure is inevitable, it's always going to happen, it's apart of life. I look at failure as a positive thing, we can learn from our mistakes and it makes you stronger as a person. You have to remember that everyone fails throughout their life, getting back up and trying again is the only thing that matters but it also helps build confidence. Going back to when I mentioned going out of your comfort zone, If an amazing opportunity comes about but you're not sure if you'd be able to do it or you don't want to leave someone or do it on your own, for your own sake just say - Yes. Take the risk. 

What are some of your tips to becoming more self confident?

Don't forget you can find me in all these places too!


Share:

32 comments

  1. This is a great post. I cannot agree more that a good pamper session makes me feel at my best! I also think exercise is brilliant, I am by no means a gym junkie, but I think even going for a walk can help keep anxiety at bay and make you feel better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not had a good pamper session in agess, I'm overdue for one, never get the chance :( I'm too lazy for walking haha xx

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this post! I like to put some music on and sing super loud - always gets me feeling energised and happier which always leads to higher confidence! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to listen to music too to pick up my mood, it has to be very loud and upbeat though xxx

      Delete
  3. These are all brilliant tips! I am not that self confident so I will be using them for sure! I need to pamper myself a lot more, it's just finding the time xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nicole :) I'm not that self confident either, actually my confidence is the lowest it's ever been right now so I guess I can go back and read this over and follow my own advice haha xx

      Delete
  4. I love the be your own cheerleader tip, I am usually the one bringing my self confidence down so this was really helpful xx
    Blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha, I hope it can help you Laura :) xx

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this post, it was just what I needed this morning, so thank you :) Taking risks is definitely and important part of life which I think in time will help anyone feel better about themselves x

    Olivia | http://olivett.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it and it helped you, your welcome Olivia :) x

      Delete
  6. fab post! just what i needed! it's so important to take time out for self care <3 When im feeling a little crap i have a facemask and crawl into bed with netflix <3 thanks for sharing a great post <3
    love from boilersuitbabe.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped, I need to have a pamper day real soon and have a facemask, I've honestly forgot what it feels like to feel relaxed. Thankyou for reading Caitlin :) xxx

      Delete
  7. This is a really good post! Talk to someone new. I like that. I've always been shy but thanks to blogging it pushed me to meet people and go out there. Eventually I developed a confidence in it and it's really a great feeling. Plus, you meet new friends too.

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging's a really easy but great idea when talking to someone new, I'm glad it helped you gain confidence Anne x

      Delete
  8. I'm the worst at judging myself, I reaaaally need to be my own cheerleader more often!

    Becca x
    http://www.beccasfashionandlife.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I if I'm honest, I doubt myself way to much it's unhealthy. But you shouldn't you're beautiful! x

      Delete
  9. I love the last one because it is so important. Not everything will pan out the way we hope or wish but the fact that we did try is important.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all relates back to the good old saying 'We learn from our mistakes' x

      Delete
  10. I loved this post! I am definitely practicing how to be my own cheerleader nowadays. Its tough especially when its the ppm closest to you bringing you down :( but I loved this cause now I know its possible to stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nikki, I know it's tough, I always let the negatives overpower the positives when really it should be the other way around. Everyone never gives themselves enough credit

      Delete
  11. I love these posts, they always seem to come at the right times. It's such a good reminder to take risks and not be afraid of failure. I just made a huge motivation pinterest board to remind me to do exactly that, not be afraid to screw up sometimes. Great post, and your journal is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's helping you lovely, we all need a little boost sometimes. Aw thankyou so much Sofia! xx

      Delete
  12. Needed this post right now! Job hunting is giving me major self confidence issues! So hard to try sell yourself at an interview when you don't feel you're worth hiring!! Thanks for sharing, this was a lovely read and so well written :)

    Jess xx
    http://www.almostchic.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of you have said this! I'm happy to be helping people :) I know it can be disheartening, I'm going to have to face up to this very soon. Try telling yourself it's not you that's the problem it's the job or the place that isn't for you. It'll all work out in the end and you'll be where you're meant to be :) Thankyou for reading chicken xx

      Delete
  13. Really great tips! I love the idea of being your own cheerleader! How true, being kind to yourself is totally underrated! thanks for sharing with us! XX
    www.sopherina.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sophie, that's my favourite one out of them all too, it has a nice ring to it. We don't praise are selves enough on our hard work, I know I think the worst of every situation far too often. Your welcome xx

      Delete
  14. I couldn't agree more, I agree with all these tips so much, they're so imprortant especially being kind and true to yourself! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love posts about self-confidence! I love number 3, you can't listen to anything negative that people say because it's all ridiculous! Ignoring them and deciding that you know who you are is the best thing :)

    Leanne x | latteleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're all chatting poop. It's funny how so many people think they know more about you than what you do yourself. Besides if you ignore them and remain strong you only annoy them more x

      Delete
  16. Damn right about being your own cheerleader! I've just recently learnt this and I'm so proud of myself!

    I feel that boosting your own self confidence also needs to start with yourself in being able to be in your own company - taking a book, walking to starbucks and eating a toastie on your own is all you need for some peace of mind :)

    Jessica
    foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm proud of you too! 100% true I believe other people can help with your confidence to a certain extent but the majority of the work has to come from you and we have to learn to love ourselves and own what we've got. A starbucks sounds so good right now x

      Delete

© My Little Memoir | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig